Tuesday, February 10, 2009

View of the Austrian Alps from the aeroplane

Staying on the Austria theme (I did mention before you'd have a few weeks of this!), I have some pictures that I took from the aeroplane as we were flying over the Austrian Alps. The plane was an Austrian Airlines Fokker 100 and had surprisingly clean and clear windows so I was able to get a few decent shots. I could not believe how low we were flying over the mountains, I wasn't sure if the pilot was just doing it for our benefit or because he was supposed to. I have never seen anything like that before in my life and it was absolutely breathtaking flying so closely over the mountain peaks. I got a few good pictures, so here are my favourites. Remember, go to my FLICKR site to see more of my photos and to see these in different sizes. View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window View of Austrian Alps from Aeroplane Window