Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden Birds

Hi again everyone, I have more birds for you today. I am turning into such a twitcher… I just love sitting in my garden taking photos of all the birds that come in and sometimes onto the feeder. The weather has been absolutely scorching recently, it is very unusual for Southampton, but I’m not complaining! And I have been keeping the water topped up for the birds too, you can actually see how much they appreciate that! This post is a bit exciting for me. I saw my first ever Gold Finch on the weekend. I had seen them on TV and in photos but never in real life. I saw just the one in a tree on Saturday, then on Sunday, I saw four of them on the roof tops, eating insects out of the guttering! I was so pleased and chuffed to bits to see so many! Also, we spotted some unknown birds hanging around the fruit trees and then feeding at the same time as the baby Blue Tits. After getting the good people at the Flickr Bird Identification Help Group to ID the bird for me, I found out they were Long Tailed Tits. Once again, I was extremely pleased to see these different types of birds coming in and feeding from my feeder. I have started to think that realistically, all these birds were here anyway, before I put my feeder up and that the difference is now I look for them and can see them through the zoom on my camera. Anyhow, I am so pleased that I started to feed the birds and am just hoping that the Gold Finches will actually come to the feeder so I can get a decent photo! Long Tailed Tit: long tail 4 Baby Blue Tit on Feeder: Baby Blue Tit on feeder Pair of Baby Blue Tits Watching me: Baby Blue tits Beautiful Robin: Robin 2 Another Robin: Robin My Gorgeous Black and White Black Bird Singing: Blackbird singing Not Very Good Photo of a Gold Finch: Goldfinch Don’t forget to visit my Flickr site where I have all my photos and you can view them in original sizes to get the full effect.