Friday, October 23, 2009

Pseudo HDR Images



Hi everyone. I have something a bit unusual for you today- well, not what you have been used to anyway! Here are a few photos that I have taken and manipulated with my Dynamic Photo HDR software. This software is available as a free trial from Mediachance and the full version costs about $55. This is not a plug for them- I genuinely use this programme for my HDR projects. If you need to know more about HDR just click the links. Mine are what they call fake or pseudo HDR as they are made from just one (jpg) image. I have great fun creating this type of image and generally do this when I get bored!

This first one is of some holly with bright red berries. I took this a couple of weeks ago when me and Brian went out walking in the forest for the day. It was lovely and we had a really good time collecting acorns for the squirrels, bird spotting by the river and generally enjoying the woods. This would make a great Christmas card don’t you think?

You really need to see these in the large sizes to appreciate them- Just click the picture.

holly

This is a sunset shot from France I took sometime in the summer. I liked the original to this but I also like this tone mapped version.

tree sky_fhdr

This next one is a night scene from my trip to Austria back in January. I tone mapped it in the Dynamic Photo software and this is what I got. I personally really like this style of Pseudo HDR, others see it as far too surreal and just don’t get it- Each to their own I say!

austria at night

All these pictures look so much better in their larger sizes, available to view at my Flickr site. If you click on the photos, you will be taken to their Flickr page. Click on ‘all sizes’ above the picture and it will take you to the large or original size.

I will be back soon with some more ‘normal’ photographs!