Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beaches at Krabi Thailand Pt 2



Hi everyone. Today I’m doing a post about the different beaches we visited whilst in Thailand. We went on quite a few different boat trips during our holiday and it doesn’t make sense to do a post for each day- plus I can’t remember anything other than the names of the beaches/ islands.

So, these next photographs are really the main thing I enjoyed whilst in Thailand- the beaches. They were just stunning. I so seriously want to go back there right now. I write this as it is dark grey outside and raining heavily.

This first picture is of Ao Nang beach. The photo is taken from a restaurant right on the beach. This was the main beach on the mainland. Our hotel was about 5 minutes walk up the road from here. When I first saw this beach, I was disappointed as I was expecting white sand and all that. However, I soon came to realise how beautiful it was and got plenty of white sand on the islands.

View from Restaurant on Ao Nang Beach, Krabi Thailand

The next couple are of Nopparat Thara beach. This was the next one along from Ao Nang. We had a beautiful morning walking all along these 2 beaches. Right at the end of this beach was a small harbour filled with wooden long tailed boats. It was really pretty there.

Nopparat Thara Beach, Krabi Thailand

IMG_1731a

Nopparat Thara Beach, Krabi Thailand

Nopparat Thara Beach, Krabi Thailand

This next beach is on an island called Chicken Island. It is called that because of the shape of rock that sticks out. I couldn’t see it myself… However, this island was absolutely gorgeous. And the trees up in the hills were full of monstrously huge fruit bats. Unfortunately, didn’t have my big camera lens with me so never got pictures of them.

Chicken Island, Krabi Thailand

Tup Island, nr Chicken Island, Krabi Thailand

That’s Chicken Island behind me and Brian. And yes, sorry about the smudge. It was on my lens for the first few days. What a wally!

Me and Brian at Chicken Island

Chicken Island

Brian in the Beautiful Sea, Chicken Island


These next couple are of Hong Island. We went there for a kayaking trip but I bottled out after seeing how far I had to go in the rather choppy sea. The lagoon bit looked ok but I wasn’t brave enough to get round to it so we both stayed at the beach instead for a couple of hours. It was beautiful.

This is the lagoon where we were supposed to do the kayaking.

Lagoon at Hong Island

This was the sea going into the lagoon- such a beautiful colour. (This wasn’t the choppy bit!)

Beautiful sea

This was the beach. As you can see, gorgeous is an understatement!

Hong Island, nr Krabi, Thailand

Hong Island, nr Krabi, Thailand

Hong Island, nr Krabi, Thailand

The next few are from Railay Beach. Apparently supposed to be one of the most beautiful strips of sand in the world. It was very beautiful and we went here a couple of times as it was just a 10 minute boat trip around a couple of bays up the coast from us.

IMG_1551

IMG_1560

Long Boats at Railay Beach

So that is all for this post but I have a part 2 which is below. Check it out! Don’t forget my Flickr page has all these and many more too.

Also, I’m sending out my best wishes to Ratty again- so if you happen to read this Ratty, I hope you are starting to feel a little bit better.