Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beaches at Krabi Thailand Pt 1



So ok, this is part 1 of the beaches of Krabi, Thailand. These are my favourite beaches. They were awesome and beautiful and just amazing. I so want to go back right now!

So these first shots are from Maya Bay. This is a beach that is closed in by the land mass of the island it is on. It is very famous as they filmed the movie ‘The Beach’ with Leonardo DiCaprio there. Consequently it was stupendously busy! I mean REALLY busy. There were hundreds of people there as we turned up. I was disappointed as it was the place I was looking forward to most out of the whole holiday but I didn’t get to enjoy it or even get in the sea for a swim. I did however snorkel round the back of the bay and saw a little clown fish (like Nemo). That was the first day I snorkelled. And, it was the time when I was just using a mask and no snorkel, but it was still amazing!

Long Boats at Maya Bay, Thailand.

This is Brian looking beautiful in the beautiful surroundings. He said it’s his Daniel Craig picture! (James Bond!)

Brian being Beautiful at Maya Bay, Thailand

Maya Bay, Thailand. Busy!

Long Boats at Maya Bay, Thailand.

This is me snorkelling at Maya Bay, round the other side. That foam noodle was amazing. Takes the panic of not being able to swim away!

Me snorkelling, Thailand

These next few are from a place just up the coast from where we were staying called Phra Nang Cave. There is a shrine in the cave there. The beach was gorgeous and that boat was pretty cool too. (I like wearing silly hats by the way)

Phra Nang Cave, Krabi, Thailand

Phra Nang Cave, Krabi, Thailand

IMG_1457

IMG_1499

The next few are of several other islands near Krabi. There is Phi Phi Don, but we just stopped there for lunch. And a shot of my most favourite place, Bamboo Island. Unfortunately I got into snorkelling there and did it for 2 hours solid so didn’t get any pictures til we were sailing away! I do regret that because it was the most beautiful island ever.

Phi Phi Don.

Phi Phi Don Thailand

Phi Phi Don Thailand

Bamboo Island.

Bamboo Island, Near Krabi Thailand

Leaving Bamboo Island, near Krabi Thailand

This was an island we stopped at one day for lunch. I don’t know the name but it was pretty!

small island near Krabi

small island near Krabi

So that leaves Poda Island. This was probably the best place we visited. It had great coral and fish just off the beach for snorkelling. It had monkeys up in the trees. It had a great looking rock just opposite the beach. It had white sand and palm trees. It had everything! We went here a couple of times.

Here’s me snorkelling, minus snorkel again.

Me, snorkelling at Poda Island, Thailand

IMG_1527

IMG_1512

IMG_1521

The beach wasn’t really mucky, that is just sticks and stuff that got washed in. The pictures don’t do it justice really!

IMG_1528

Anyway, that’s all for now. Don’t forget my Flickr Page!