Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Day trip to Tiger Temple Krabi, Thailand. Part 2



Day out at Tiger Temple, Krabi, Thailand. Part 2

So last week I showed you some of my pictures from our day trip to Tiger Temple, the hot springs and the Emerald Pool. However, I couldn’t find any of my semi decent pictures. I had a hunt around and found I had not uploaded half of them to Flickr. So this week, I’m doing a part 2 with a few more pictures, slightly better than last week. Also I’m adding a second post purely about the monkeys at Tiger Temple.

So here we go. This first picture is when I realised that it was going to be pretty tough going getting up the 1237 steps to the Temple. You can just make out the temple at the top of the hill, in the middle of the picture.

IMG_1392

These next 2 show the crazy steep steps that I mentioned in last weeks post. This was on the way back down.

IMG_1353

IMG_1343

This was the view from the top.

IMG_1280

These next few show the Temple and the different things we found up there, shrines etc…

IMG_1305

IMG_1299

IMG_1304

IMG_1306

IMG_1311

IMG_1318

IMG_1321

I think he was tired from all those steps…

IMG_1297

The next few show what was around at the bottom of the hill. They were building a new temple and there were a lot of brightly painted statues around. As well as monkeys, but they come in a separate post.

IMG_1389

IMG_1388

IMG_1387

IMG_1386

IMG_1390

So on to the hot springs and Emerald Pool. I just have a couple of these places.

IMG_1407a_1

This was at the hot springs too. Brian and another guy decided to swim out towards where the river goes until all the people in the water started shouting at them not to go down there. We didn’t ask why not!!

IMG_1413a

This looks like some kind of scary bamboo!

IMG_1430a

All this- just in the middle of the jungle. It was so pretty there.

IMG_1420

IMG_1421

IMG_1437

IMG_1438

So those were the rest of my pictures from our first day trip we took in Krabi, Thailand. If you get the chance to go there- do it! It is an amazing place, so beautiful.

Don’t forget these and many more are on my Flickr page. See the next post for the monkeys!