Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Osprey in Egypt

I thought I'd share one of my favourite pictures from my recent holiday to Egypt with you. This is an Osprey. I feel really cuffed that I saw this!

Osprey

We were not sure what it was at first, we just presumed some kind of sea eagle as it was taking fish from the sea.

It flew right over us several times whilst we were at the pools too. Actually there were at least 2 near our hotel.

This one, I had to follow from up at the pool all the way down to the beach so I could get a decent photo. I was so pleased when I got down there and saw him perched on a topless palm tree.

I have never seen an Osprey before so I am very happy with this photo. I had the bird identified for me on Flickr (there are some great people on there!)

I have some more photos of my trip on my Flickr page so go and check it out if you have a spare 5 minutes. Be back soon with more pictures from Egypt.