Tuesday, December 20, 2011

So I'm back....


Firstly, I want to say sorry to anyone who regularly visited and read my blog, that I have been MIA since May this year. I have neglected my site for 7 months! Also, I have neglected your sites too, so sorry! The main reason is that Brian and myself have this year got very into freshwater fishing- (i.e carp, tench, bream, perch, roach etc) We joined a local club back in May and have been fishing practically every weekend since then. I am not joking about every weekend either! We are up about 6am on Saturdays and Sundays and come back as it gets dark. It is fun but less so now it is getting colder!

Anyway, I have a few things I want to catch up on. I’m going to start today with the remaining pictures from my holiday to Sharm el Sheikh back in March this year. It was pretty amazing and I have a few photos that need to be shared. We went to Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza on my birthday which was a great experience. Due to the rioting that had happened just before we went, it was also very quiet as there were no tourists around- just us crazy Brits who don’t worry about a bit of rioting! Also, there had been several (fatal) shark attacks in December 2010 which had led to many cancellations in Sharm.

I also will be updating with pictures of our more recent holiday in September. We took the ferry to Bilbao, Spain and then spent a week at the border and then drove on up to our place in France and had a week there. It was a great holiday and I got some lovely pictures that I need to share.

On top of that lot, I will be putting up *quite* a few pictures of myself and Brian and some fish that we have caught this past year as well as some of the beautiful lakes we have been visiting. Lake fishing is really nice as we get to be surrounded by such beauty and pretty cool wildlife.

So, expect another few posts from me later on today.